June thru November 30
In the event of a Hurricane or evacuation
These guidelines may also be available at some convenience stores and restaurants throughout the city. You need to be prepared, make your plans now and you will know exactly what you need to do when it happens! It is best if you can put together a box containing all of these things (listed below) in advance, so that all you have to do is remember to take this box with you when you evacuate. When you get where you are going the first thing you need to do is to contact probation or parole and let them know where you are! Always leave a message with date and time if you cannot talk to a person.
Baton Rouge Office:
New Orleans West District
Things to do:
- Use an alternate e-mail address for purposes of emergency communication
- Plan where you will go
- Plan how you will get there and when you will depart
- Notify your family and friends of your evacuation plans
- Make a list of important phone numbers
- You may also want to e-mail your contact
Information to this website
Call us at (504) 897-6277, and leave a message with your information on the answering machine so we can assist you during the evacuation process if possible.
What to bring:
When evacuating always take these items with you, make a checklist now to use in the event of an evacuation!
- Prescription medication and first aid kit
- Clothing and bedding including sleeping bags, blankets, and pillows.
- Battery operated radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.
- Enough non-perishable food and water for at least 3 days (1 gallon per person per day)
Other important documents such as:
- State ID card or Driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- Proof of residence (such as utility bill)
- Birth & marriage certificates
- Insurance policies
- Tax records, etc.
- Cell phone and charger